Update Oct 2016: The attendance tracking app is no longer available. A few reasons for that: it was too costly to update for new versions of iPhone, it started slowing down once over 100 students and by nature – I could only use this on an iOS whereas I decided to switch to Android.
That prompted me to create something even better!
Introducing, the Attendance & Fees tracking Google sheet. Here are the benefits of it:
- Anyone that needs to track attendance & fees for a class can all collaborate on your Google sheet – they just need the link to the sheet.
- It works offline as well as online
- It wont slow down and Google safely store all of the info
- Can work on any device – PC, Mac, tablet, iOS, Android – anything!
Here’s a quick video that also shows how to use the sheet:
And here are the steps on preparing to use the sheet with a bit more info to ensure you track payments correctly:
1. Download the Google Sheets app if you’re using a phone or tablet. If on desktop you’ll be prompted to login to Google Drive
2. Sign in to the Google Sheet with a Gmail address. The sheet that I share with you will be saved on the Google Drive (free) associated with your Gmail address. Make it available offline too by enabling the option on the sheet. Here’s Google’s quick guide to it if you’re not sure how to enable that.
3. If you want anyone else to collaborate on your fee tracking sheet, click the ‘Share’ button and give them the link that Google generates
4. Add your class and the fee for that class in the ‘Class Type’ tab. That will automatically create a new tab for tracking fees for that class. Go back to ‘Class Type’ and add the fee for that class.
5. When you’re ready to track, go to the class tab and enter the amount paid in the ‘Paid’ column for a student. It will automatically update according to the class fee. If there’s a new student that isn’t in the list, just add them in the same tab.
Note: If you’re offline, the balance will automatically update when you get an Internet connection.
There’s a one-off cost for this sheet of $37. A tiny investment when considering how much you’ll save in lost fees, or the cost of developing this sheet yourself. If you need additional customization to the sheet, we can also handle that and we’ll provide a quote beforehand.
To purchase, please checkout using the button below. I also need your Gmail address so that I can share the sheet with you – this is usually done within 24 hours of payment.
My online projects have so far all been web based. However, I’m all to aware that an increasing number eyeballs are focused on mobile and there’s undoubtedly massive growth in this space.
So, when I needed a better way to track and attendance and cash fees from the martial arts classes that I help run, I knew an app was the way to go.
Introducing: Attendance & Fees!